How are The Fitness Connection Personal Trainers different?
Nationally Recognized Personal Training Certification Certification – all of our trainers hold nationally recognized certifications through:
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM),
- American Council on Exercise (ACE),
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA),
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), or
- National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF).
The Fitness Connection offers CPR certification courses to staff to ensure all staff members are current with their CPR.
- Extensive Continuing Education– Our Fitness Connection trainers have access to continuous on-line and in-person workshops. Our trainers never stop learning as every staff meeting incorporates an educational component and providing endless in-house resources for new training tools and the latest research in fitness programming.
- Fitness Education for Members– our Personal Trainers are focused on educating our members- from newsletter articles and tables to individual training sessions, Blue Light 15-Minute Fitness Educations, all the way to our large lecture-based quarterly Lunch & Learns. This supports our tag line of “The Fusion of Fitness and Education.”
- Customer Service is our #1 Priority– whether or not you do personal training, our goal is to make sure you feel like The Fitness Connection is a second home. We hope you learn something from every interaction with a trainer and feel comfortable taking your next step to staying F.I.T.
Need More Information?
For more information or any fitness-related questions, email us here info@TheFitnessConnection.lanecc.edu or call us at (541) 463-3987.
Lou Kaczenski, MT
Lou Kaczenski, MT - Fitness Center Coordinator
Lou is an ACE certified Personal Trainer and USATF Level 1 certified Coach. He has been a personal trainer since 1987. Using a Client Centered Model of training, Lou helps clients attain maximum results and enjoyment from their workouts. His professional background includes experience as the Fitness Education Center Program Coordinator at LCC, as well as Athletic Director for the DAC.
Tara Pemberton - Fitness Center Instructional Support
Tara Pemberton is a certified exercise physiologist by the American College of Sport Medicine with over 20 years of professional fitness experience. Tara raced bicycles for Paul’s Bicycle Way of Life and Poplollie’s (all women) racing teams. Even though she has retired from racing, Tara commutes on her bike and continues to ride for fitness. At the Fitness Education Center Tara regularly participates in circuit training and inspires and motivates others to take their personal fitness goals to the next level.